We’ve been very pleased with the participation and engagement during #4SQCHAT that takes place on Twitter every Monday at 9p ET. In an effort to make these hour chats more meaningful, we’re going to start recapping the chat on our blog – featuring some favorite participants their comments.
Monday, May 16th: Foursquare Tips
What makes a good foursquare tip?
- Sharing the best nuggets of your favorite spots
- Unexpected, unusual, little-known suggestions and ideas!
- Lasting, relevant information
- Fun facts
- For restaurants, something off the menu
How do you use tips for personal use?
- Leave tips that reflect your personality (or your personal brand)
- Be human
- Share things that your friends would like
How can businesses & brands use foursquare tips?
- Businesses/Brands should show that they are human
- Leave insider tips at relevant venues
- Link tips back to the business blog/website if you can give more detail
What can you do to promote your tips?
- Cross promote with your social sites – share on Twitter and Facebook
- Link or embed tips onto your website
What would you like to improve about tips?
- It would be nice to know when someone has done your tip
- The ability to comment on tips
- Potentially renaming the “mark tip as done” button: Thanks/Like
- A way to edit older tips
- A better way to flag inappropriate tips
What additional thoughts/comments do you have on the subject? Other suggestions for improving future ChatRecap posts?