Archive for category Businesses
I love foursquare. I also love coffee. Combine the two by searching for coffee in the “explore tab” for some serendipitous delight. Foursquare also recognizes my caffeinated curiosity as a “Level 7 – Fresh Brew Badge”.
The other Saturday, I did just that. This exploration led me to BJava Coffee. To be fair, I had heard of BJava from Dig-IN: A Taste of Indiana and some other events, but I had never stepped foot into their location. I also had the incentive to unlock their special for $.50 off a latte. Turns out, I unlocked more than that.
I had a nice chat with the owner, BJ, who admits to using any sort of free promotion she can to market her business. Foursquare and Yelp are just a couple of sites where she offers online specials. After finishing my latte, I met Chris – BJava’s foursquare Mayor and the Duchess on Yelp. There’s something charming abut local businesses. A more personal connection than you might find at the Starbucks at the other end of this strip mall on 56th and Lafayette Rd.
Before leaving I also made the investment of a bag of Honduran coffee beans and a Clever Coffee Dripper (which brews a better cup of coffee than my trusty french press… yup, I said it).
It is a pretty awesome contraption!
More incentive to try them out? A coupon to get $10 worth of BJava Coffee for $5! Hurry, supplies are limited and this offer lasts for 6 days via GreenClipping.
Where are your favorite, local coffee spots in Indianapolis? Leave a comment below and we’ll add those venues to a list on our 4sqINDY foursquare account!
We just came across this YouTube video Q&A with Dennis Crowley, foursquare’s founder. Dennis adds some good, recent insights into the foursquare platform, foursquare’s growth, foursquare content and how brands are using foursquare.
What questions would you ask if you had 3 minutes and 24 seconds with foursquare’s team?
This post originally appeared on Andy’s blog: Social Media for Social Organizations.
Foursquare is my favorite social network because it intersects with location. Nonprofits, associations, and social organizations can extend the reach of their organization by using foursquare’s tips that are left at venues. When a user checks in to a venue, a tip from that venue will appear in the app. Tips are a growing component of foursquare - accentuated by the new “Explore” tab.
Tips can be created online at foursquare.com or in the mobile app.
Organizations can maximize their presence on foursquare with these tips about tips:
- Blend information about the venue and your organization (Stay relevant!)
- Share something insightful or interesting or amusing… [NWF Example]
- Be “evergreen” – a tip that won’t have an expiration date
- Think “do-able” to inspire users to mark “I’ve done this”
- Leave tips at venues that relate to your target audience
- Add a link back to a related blog post on your site [DigIN Example]
- Include a picture with your tip
- Embed foursquare tips on your website [VisitPA example]
- Promote your tips on Facebook / Twitter
- Thank users for completing your tip (new notifications in the app or by email)
- Bonus: Run a campaign to drive users to complete your tips during a certain time period.
What is Lemonade Day?
Lemonade Day is a free, city-wide initiative designed to teach kids how to start, own and operate their own business – a lemonade stand.
Lemonade Day launched in Indianapolis in 2010 and over 7,400 kids signed up! We had over 50 sponsors and community partners involved and Governor Daniels and Mayor Ballard were big supporters. It was a HUGE success!
Today, we have over 10,000 kids with stands across the city, including at Marsh Supermarkets, Cafe Patachou, H.H. Gregg, and Indy Parks. Many of our locations are listed here.
Be sure to checkin on foursquare when you’re out enjoying your lemonade today!
4SqDAY is a one day celebration of all things foursquare™. 4SqINDY is hosting a conference for users, business owners, marketers, API developers and nonprofits to learn more about how foursquare™ can make them successful. 4SqDAY will also include social outings for our community of supporters. To add more foursquare™ fun, 4SqINDY will promote all local businesses that offer a one-day foursquare™ special.
MAYOR BALLARD (scheduled to read the FOURSQUARE DAY proclamation)
Super Bowl 46 – Brad Carlson, VP of Marketing & Conrad Picirillo, Co-Chair of Interactives Committee
Bruce McClain, Scotty’s Brewhouse
Russ Chargualaf, Houlihans
Jeremy Williams, Visit Indiana
EatDrink.it – local developers of a 4sq-integrated app!
Alex Umlauf, White River State Park
Chris Theisen, Flex-Pac (formerly of Hare Chevy)
When: 4/16/11 from 1.44p-4.44p
350 W Maryland St
btw West & Capitol
Indianapolis, IN 46225
$5 – includes networking, sessions, and entries into raffle!
Thanks to BLASTmedia
- 2 (two) MIMOBOTs: USB 2GB Flash Memory Drives
- 2 (two) Eton Corporation Scorpions: solar-powered, all-terrain, multi-function unit with digital radio, audio line input and carabiner
- 2 (two) dexim audio car mount charging holder for iPhone4/iPhone3
- 1 (one) dexim BlackBerry and USB port car charger
- 1 (one) dexim P-Flip: foldable power dock
- 1 (one) dexim Solar-Powered P-Flip: foldable solar power dock
Thanks to Charles Wolff
- 1 (one) set of Indianapolis 500 Race Day tickets
- 1 (one) set of Indianapolis 500 Carb Day tickets
Thanks to Foursquare
- 2 (two) 4SqDAY tee shirts
Want to get in on the action?
- Business owners please help us by telling us about your 4SqDAY special.
- Sponsorship opportunities, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit a prize for the raffle, email email@example.com
- Volunteer! Have some skills that you want to show up to make foursquare™ awesome? Let us know.
Add our official foursquare™ tip:
Join us for the Official After Party!
This 4sqDay event is being hosted by Andy Huston and Chris Banks and is not affiliated with or endorsed by Foursquare Labs, Inc.
Earlier this year, foursquare unveiled more information for businesses looking to partner with the location-based service. Now, the company has announced that it is offering a whole new analytics dashboard to internet marketers.
The new analytics dashboard lets internet marketers and business owners have easier access to information from all of their venues. This new management system makes it simple to offering multiple Specials at multiple venues. Plus, marketers will be able to see statistics about their campaigns as those special launch.
This data can easily be downloaded as a .csv file that shows the following information by day: Read the rest of this entry »